Today’s card is using a product that doesn’t get talked about much…the Cut & Ready Card Bases. This product is such a time saver and Stampin’ Up! is starting to offer this item in more colors. The card bases are already cut and scored to make a perfect 4.25″ x 5.5″ card.
I CASE’d this card from Pinterest (Stephanie Wilcott) and made a few changes with the stamps I have in my collection. The design is versatile and could be used with many sentiments. I used Teeny Tiny Wishes which is an all time favorite stamp set of mine. It has a sentiment stamp for just about every occasion you can think of to make cards.
- To create this card cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock in half and score at 5.5″. Or use the Cut & Ready Card Bases in Crumb Cake.
- Cut the panel 1/4″ smaller.
- Create a mask using the Stampin’ Trimmer to cut the rectangle in the middle of the paper.
- Use the script font stamp from By the Tide or the Dictionary background stamp along with the mask.
- Stamp the small butterflies from Papillon Potpourri using a Stamp-a-ma-jig.
- Stamp the larger butterfly from Papillon Potpourri and use the Elegant Butterfly Punch to punch it out and then adhere with Glue Dots.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on the panel to give it some dimension.
- Stamp the larger butterfly on the inside of the card as well as the envelope to get a finished look.
If you would like to watch me create this card the YouTube video is below.